lördag 31 januari 2015

Knees and then some

Fitted the knees and then planed all off cuts I could find for distances for the inwales. 

The stem is a bit too high and my piece of wood for the front knee a bit too thick so I routed a bit out. 

Now it fits nicely. 

6m or so. There are some knots that have to be cut out, but it should be enough. 

torsdag 29 januari 2015

Starboard gunwale

This one was a bit harder to fit for some reason. Probably clamped it in another sequence than the port one. 

tisdag 27 januari 2015

Port gunwale glued

Sneaked off to the garage before work to glue the port gunwale. Used a lot of clamps as well as drywall screws to get a nice tight fit. I think it turned out well. 

söndag 25 januari 2015

Sidearms glued

Glued the sidearms. Made and glued the gusset in front of the centreboard case. Got a bit of glue left so I thickened it a bit more and did a bit of filleting. 

torsdag 22 januari 2015

First person aboard

My youngest son Hugo tried the boat out. He seemed quite pleased with it. Since then I have fitted, but not glued, the sidearms. 

fredag 2 januari 2015

Lots of glue...

Epoxy coated the watertight compartments and glued down the seat tops. Everything heavy in the garage used. 30 or so copies of my old dissertation, an old car battery, brake discs yet to be fitted to the car, some odd tools, etc... In the end I think I got nice glue joints although there was some mess made. 

The inside of the forward compartment. Lots of glue ouze. 

Oh, I used some clamps too