måndag 23 mars 2015
Had decided on painting the outside of the boat with chilli red International Perfection, but in store I changed my mind and went with Epifanes "red" instead. Everyone who have tried both says that it goes on easier. I'm not the worlds most patient painter, so that's a winning argument for me. While I was at it I also went with Epifanes varnish, that I have never used but most people seem to like. Finally I bought what might be (but probably isn't) the last bits of hardware. No it isn't, I just remembered I need a tiller extension as well...
onsdag 18 mars 2015
Planed and glued the bottom runners. Was very difficult to get them fit the bottom. I ended putting two screws through the bottom to try to force it down, but there were still some gaps. I'm counting on the magic of epoxy to make it turn out solid anyway.
söndag 15 mars 2015
lördag 14 mars 2015
torsdag 12 mars 2015
tisdag 3 mars 2015
Added distances for the inwales and the oak cap for the gunwale
Then I mocked up the inwales so that I could mark how much to take off the top of the sidearms.
Finally I started the hard but satisfying work of planing down the gunwales to the ply edge. Port side is almost there..
Next step is to do a lot of sanding of the interior, so that I can coat it before I fit the inwales. Not too much epoxy left, so I have to take a trip to NM Epoxy again and buy some more.